The Scotch mist swept back in from the sea, and it rained all day … and it rained all night. And then it kept on raining, with a stiff south-westerly driving the water horizontally across the land. There was no chance of staying dry, so Algy found himself a perch with a good view of the hay field. He was fascinated by the perpetual motion of the rippling grasses, with each gust of wind setting off a new wave. It reminded Algy of a silly song …
This little ripple had rhythm
And the other little ripple had none
So all day through
And all night too
He kept on singing
Boo-boo-ley-doop, Boo-boo-ley-doop, Boo-boo-ley-doop …
So for everyone who is feeling too hot, or who just needs cheering up with a wee bit of nonsense, Algy offers you This Little Ripple had Rhythm by Shep Fields and His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra, and the watery animation that accompanies it in the old movie The Big Broadcast of 1938.
Algy dedicates this post especially to all his friends who are suffering from the heatwave currently affecting the western parts of North America. He hopes that this may help you feel slightly cooler. If he could send you some of this cold, wet weather, he would!
- son-pereda likes this
- marylinuniverse reblogged this from adventuresofalgy
- roadwaytohappiness likes this
- yama-bato likes this
- twitchum64 likes this
- hubertushillebrand likes this
- toloparra likes this
- joyforachel likes this
- thedailydoodles likes this
- hinterdensiebenbergen likes this
- capiolumen likes this
- walking-geema likes this
- mojo5050 likes this
- mel-men likes this
- florianpainke likes this
- himmelueberhamburg said: Here it is really changeable. Partly sunny, partly cloudy, partly rainy. I hope that the rain will stop on your side. Keep the sun inside :)
- himmelueberhamburg likes this
- tinktastichana likes this
- mostlythemarsh likes this
- eikona likes this
- hansekind said: Hello my dear friend, it’s raining here too. So what does a addicted photographer like me do? Staying at home and shooting macros. Nevertheless I wish you a wonderful day. Sincerely Erika
- hansekind likes this
- stiffknees likes this
- amakappa likes this
- josepha-amarantine likes this
- saenzdesantamaria likes this
- pupsik11 likes this
- fotostopp likes this
- whitedogblog likes this
- tonyharrattphotography likes this
- nurnielfa likes this
- arsvitaest likes this
- tartefine likes this
- elriz likes this
- elriz said: Send some rain here, too! :)
- guisch73 likes this
- mdeanstrauss likes this
- gezzaseyes said: Algy, you always make my heart smile. Thank you!
- gezzaseyes likes this
- diversityandecho said: So beautiful! Gorgeous landscape!
- diversityandecho likes this
- va103 said: I’m suffering from the heatwave! :) Such cool waves! I was also fascinated by the perpetual motion of the rippling grasses! Oh! I miss such weather!
- va103 likes this
- eshraghi said: I’ve gotta say, Algy is lucky to have a great narrator for his life. I wish I had one!
- eshraghi likes this
- qbnscholar said: Thank you Algy. It is hot out here (mid 100s), but your images and good wishes make it pleasantly balmy. At least in my mind.
- qbnscholar likes this
- nevermindthecamera likes this
- lov3andotherthings said: This makes me happy. Thank you.
- lov3andotherthings likes this